A global PLC business with its Group function based in Cheshire is looking to recruit a Group Financial Accountant to its highly successful team.
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager and supporting the Group Controller and CFO the role of Group Financial Accountant is pivotal in the production of timely consolidated group accounts and providing key financial support and advice to the Board.
Key responsibilities include:
• To support management through the provision of timely and accurate financial information as required.
• Take ownership of the monthly consolidation of financial information and preparation of management
• Take ownership of the accounting for the UK head office and other small UK entities.
• Provide support on projects and ad-hoc analysis as needed to drive the business growth.
• Preparation of timely and accurate monthly consolidated management reports and reports for the Senior
Executive Team and the PLC Board.
• Ownership of month end including month end and year end close.
• Preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Group.
• Generate financial statements, account analysis and reporting.
• Preparation of financial statutory accounts and information for annual tax packs.
• Managing the relationship with external auditors.
• Ad hoc project work as required.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong track record in detailed group accounting, ideally within a PLC environment.
Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are a must as the Group function is close knit across Finance, FP&A, Tax, Treasury and Internal Audit.
Prior experience of ERP (i.e. Oracle) systems as well as high level of skill on Excel is paramount.
This is an exceptional opportunity with the potential for wide exposure across the global business and will offer great potential in terms of progression.
Please consult Daniel Simmonite for more information about this position.